SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Article Review 1: What Great Managers Do, Buckingham, 2005
In so much as sport management is the application of business principles to the sport industry, it is beneficial for the student to examine literature that is outside of sport and identify ways to make application of those principles within the sport context. This is the case with Buckingham’s article What Great Managers Do (Buckingham, 2005). In this article the student will go behind the scenes of several companies and learn about the unique practices of successful managers.
Summarize the main points of the article.
· What does Buckingham say sets great managers apart from the rest?
· How did he define managers and leaders?
· Who are Michelle and Jim?
· How did Michelle and Jim play chess with their employees?
Analyze the main points of the article and discuss their application to the manager/leader in the sport context.
· Is capitalizing on each person’s uniquenesses a powerful tool? Does capitalizing on each person’s uniqueness save time, increase accountability, create interdependency? Why or why not?
· What are the three levers? How is the understanding and use of these beneficial to the manager/leader in the sport context?
· What are your key take-aways from the article?
· How do the concepts presented in the article complement (align with) or contract your Biblical world view?
Your assignment must be completed based on the following criteria:
· At least 3 pages;
· 1-inch margins;
· 12-point, Times New Roman font;
· A reference page in APA format with the article citation and any other sources used in the assignment; and
· Clear biblical integration
Include a title on the top line of the first page, and include your name. No other identifying information is needed.