SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Week 1: Barriers to Practice (Orig Post due Wednesday, Responses due Sunday)
5959 unread replies.5959 replies.
Discuss barriers to practice as an APN in oneâ€™s state from both a state and national perspective. Research methods to influence policy change from various forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss the history of policy development and policy making in nursing (CO1)
- Examine different types of policy and their relationships to healthcare policy (CO1)
- Explain current barriers to practice for advanced practice nurses (CO2)
- Discuss health policy and methods of lifting barriers to practice (CO2)
Due Date: Wednesday by 11:59pm MT of Week 1
Initial responses to the discussion topic must be posted by Wednesday 11:59pm MT. Two additional posts to peers and/or faculty are due by Sunday at 11:59pm MT. Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Wednesday of week 1 by 11:59PM MST, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Sunday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0). Week 8 discussion closes on Saturday at 11:59pm MT.
Total Points Possible: 100
Using the readings from this week as well as outside reliable resources to:
- Identify and describe practice barriers for all four APNs roles in your state and discuss these barriers on a state and national level. The four roles include the nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist, nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist.
- Identify forms of competition on the state and national level that interfere with APN’s ability to practice independently.
- Identify the specific lawmakers by name at the state level (i.e., key members of the state’s legislative branch and executive branch of government)
- Discuss interest groups that exist at the state and national levels that influence APN policy.
- Discuss methods used to influence change in policy in forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
- A scholarly resource must be used for EACH discussion question each week.
|Practice Barriers||15||15%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry clearly stating how the evidence describes APN barriers to practice. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.|
|Competition||15||15%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry clearly stating the forms of competition to APN practice. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.|
|Key Law Makers||15||15%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry in identifying law makers at the state level. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.|
|Interest Groups||15||15%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry at identifying interest groups at the state and national level. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.|
|Methods to Influence Change||15||15%||
Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry of methods used to influence a change to eliminate barriers.
Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.
|75||75%||Total CONTENT Points= 75 pts|
4 Required Elements:
|Grammar, Syntax, Spelling, & Punctuation||5||5%||Grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation are accurate.|
|25||25%||Total FORMAT Points= 25 pts|
|100||100%||DISCUSSION TOTAL=100 points|
Search entries or author Filter replies by unreadUnread Collapse replies Expand replies
ReplyReply to Week 1: Barriers to Practice (Orig Post due Wednesday, Responses due Sunday)
Replies are only visible to those who have posted at least one reply.