SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Company research for a job interview – and recommendations from a very senior level – what would you do
Notes for the interview. If I was you, I would research online the:
• Trip advisor rankings and Booking.com rankings
• Read the Company Financial statements published online
• Reviews and media publicity
• Familiarise with all the multi-site hospitality brand outlets – dining, events etc
Led by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, the Group is involved in leisure and hospitality, oil palm plantations, power generation, oil and gas, property development, life sciences and biotechnology activities, with operations spanning across the globe, including in Malaysia (the Group’s country of origin), Singapore, Indonesia, India, China, the United States of America, the Bahamas, the United Kingdom and Egypt. In the core leisure and hospitality business, the Genting Group and its brand affiliates, market and offer a suite of products under a number of premier brands including Genting, Resorts World, Genting Grand, Genting Club, Crockfords and Maxims. The Genting Group also have tie ups with established names such as Universal Studios, Premium Outlets, Zouk, Hard Rock Hotel, Hilton and other renowned international brand partners.
Please view: https://www.genting.com/ and https://www.rwgenting.com
Please view: https://www.rwgenting.com/en/hotels/crockfords.html
Please view: https://www.rwgenting.com/en/things-to-do/dining.html
Please read the website to view the various models of the business
Hotels, Hospitality, Casinos
The role of Senior VP Hotels Portfolio – Operations is a multi – outlet Operations role with various departments reporting to the role. Responsible for Hotels and all F & B outlets, events etc.
The role reports to Ed Holloway. Please read up about Crockfords Hotels (now part of Forbes membership)
Senior VP Hotels Portfolio – Operations
Roles & responsibilities are not limited to the following
• Responsible for the overall hotel management & operations of Hotel portfolio
• Review and analysis processes and improvement of hotel performances.
• Manage resort wide F&B operations including a central production kitchen.
• Implement new ideas and concepts for Food & Beverage from product development, financial modelling, managed key franchise brands, internal stakeholder management and overall project execution to site delivery.
• Formulate strategies & plans to increase revenues, through careful monitoring of Market Mix and yield management in line with the Company’s objective.
• Ensure expenses are within budget and according to company policies and procedures and limits of authority.
• Improvement in CRM (Customer Relation Management) in order to achieve the standards of all hotels.
The Company Mission statement:
1. Be responsive to the changing demands of our customers and excel in providing quality products and services.
2. Be committed to innovation and the adoption of new technology to achieve competitive advantage.
3. Pursue personnel policies which recognise and reward performance and contributions of employees and provide proper training, development and opportunities for career advancement.
4. Generate a fair return to shareholders.
5. Be a responsible corporate citizen, committed to enhancing corporate governance and transparency, including undertaking social responsibility for the enhancement of the standard of living of the country.