SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Balance Sheet for Ecoville International Bank
Now assume that the Fed lowers the reserve requirement to 8%.
- What is the maximum amount of new loans that this bank can make?
- Assume that the bank makes these loans. What will the new balance sheet look like?
- By how much has the money supply increased or decreased?
- If the money multiplier is 5, how much money will ultimately be created by this event?
- If the Fed wanted to implement a contractionary monetary policy using reserve requirement, how would that work?