SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Juicey is a local brand launched in Singapore 2 years ago. The brand currently markets two flavours in the ready-to-drink (RTD) fruit juice market: apple and orange. However, the sales of the fruit juices are below expectations and have missed the sales target for many quarters.
To improve the performance of the brand, the marketing team is planning to launch a new mixed berries flavour. However, the decision makers of the company are quite reluctant to approve this idea as the initial marketing cost is expected to be very high.
To justify the launching of the new mixed berries product, the marketing team has completed a market research study to determine the feasibility of launching the new flavour and the likely impact it will have on the local RTD fruit juice market.
Assuming your project team is the marketing team of Juicey. You have been tasked to deliver a presentation to the company’s CEO and CFO in a month’s time. Your goal is to convince the decision-makers to approve the launch of the new flavour.
Based on the findings and data below, form a team comprising up to 4 members to deliver a formal presentation to the decision makers. Your tasks are:
1. Prepare a data story for the presentation using all the findings and data listed in the project brief.
2. You may add your own research findings to the data story. However, the additional research findings must be from creditable sources. If additional findings are added, the presentation must contain relevant on-slide citations of any 3rd party sources used. Please include a detailed list of references at the end of the presentation.
3. Record the team presentation in a MP4 format file and upload your file on Blackboard. The narration, together with the face of each presenter, must be included in the video file. The presentation must be no longer than 15 minutes.
4. The presentation time of each presenter must be approximately equal. There should be group cohesion with good handover between members. Each presenter must be able to generate interest and hold audience attention throughout the presentation.
Data and Research Findings
Sales figure by quarters (sales target per quarter is 1000 units per flavour)
• Q11 to Q14 are projected market share assuming the new mixed berries juice will be
launched in Q11.
• Juicey only started tracking its market share in Q5 after its launch.
• Juicey’s major competitors are Mega Juice and Power Juice.