SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Questions need to be answered based on the The famous Tell-Tale Heart story. I have attached questions and the story
-The Tell-Tale Heart- Assignment
Tell Tale Heart Discussion Questions
Directions: Please make sure your answers include text-based supported answers of at least 50 words. Answers less than 50 words will not be given any credit.
1. What is the significance of the title of the story, “The Tell-Tale Heart”? What does the title mean?
2. Why does the narrator call himself “nervous” but not “mad” in paragraph 1? What does this tell us about him? How does the author’s point of view impact the telling of the story?
3. What do you think the relationship between the old man and the narrator is? What could have been the reason for the old man’s “vulture eye”?
4. Do you think the narrator would have killed the man if he did not have an “evil eye”? Cite evidence from the text to support your answer.
5. The two main symbols in the story are the eye and the heart. What do these symbols represent? Why are they important?
6. What sound does the narrator hear after the murder? In reality, what could it be? Why does it get louder and louder?
7. The gender of the narrator is not revealed in the story, although many people assume it is a man. If the narrator were a woman, how would this change your interpretation of the story?
8. Repetition- Poe is known for using repetition in his work. Find a line that is repeated and tell how it impacts the story.